Always check on your RamWeb! Under the “Financial Information” tab there is “Student Job Listing”, this website is designed for CSU students to find jobs both work study and hourly. The jobs are sorted into “on-campus”, “off-campus”, “hourly”, “work study”.
- The Career Center at CSU always has great resources for students and alumni, from mock interviews to drop-in hours, as well as job and internship postings!
The Asian Pacific American Cultural Center (APACC) at CSU has recruited student staff members for the 2018-2019 academic year! Each year, we seek to hire students who have a commitment to working with and providing advocacy for diverse student populations, identities and experiences, and specifically for Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) students. When we refer to AAPI students, we are including people with backgrounds in any and all of the categories listed here:
- East Asian (e.g. Chinese, Japanese, Korean)
- Southeast Asian (e.g. Vietnamese, Thai, Hmong, Laotian)
- South Asian/Desi (e.g. Indian subcontinent)
- Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander (e.g. Filipino/a, Polynesian, Micronesian)
- Middle Eastern & Arab American
- Mixed Race, Transracial/Transnational Adoptees, Third Culture Kids
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Must be a CSU student in good academic and disciplinary standing
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills, a positive attitude, willingness to learn, strong work ethic, and ability to work effectively individually and on a team
- Must serve as a positive role model and representative of APACC and CSU
- Must use merit-based or need-based work study for this position
- Must attend Fall staff training (takes place Sunday-Friday, August 12-17, 2018 all day including some late evening hours and an overnight retreat Sunday-Tuesday, please notify us of any conflicts as soon as you are aware of them) and Spring training day to be scheduled around staff schedules
- Ability to work around 7-10 hours per week including some possible early mornings (8am)
- Required to provide front desk coverage when scheduled and represent APACC in resource fairs as well as in welcoming individuals and groups to the center
- Must attend weekly staff meetings (to be determined based on class schedules)
- Criminal background check
Other websites that may be resourceful are Scholarships for Asian-Pacific Islander College Students and Scholarships & Financial Aid For Minority Students.
RNCareers.org Available Scholarships:
- Registered Nursing – This Scholarship recognizes an outstanding nursing student enrolled in an accredited Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program.
- Nurse Practitioner – APRN – This Scholarship recognizes an outstanding nursing student enrolled in an accredited Nurse Practitioner (NP) program.